Welcome to my blog...it's very much a work in progress and something I wish I had more time to spend on. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions and if you have a recipe you would like to share then please feel free to email me on realityjules@yahoo.com.au

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home made sweet chilli sauce



I never thought such a beautiful sauce was so simple. I have a crazy amount of yellow banana chillis and had no idea what to do with them...that was until I visited my local library and borrowed the AWW The Complete Cook. What a great book!

This recipe is my adaptation of their sweet chilli sauce recipe and it packs quite a punch!

6 large banana chillis, very finely diced
1 small knob of ginger, very finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 cup white sugar
1 cup white vinegar.

Mix all ingredients, boil at a slow boil for approx 20 mins or until nice and thick.

Pour into sterilized bottle. Store in fridge.

Makes about 1 cup.

You could just about use any type of chilli, just be careful of the heat level in the chilli.

No comments:

Post a Comment