Welcome to my blog...it's very much a work in progress and something I wish I had more time to spend on. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions and if you have a recipe you would like to share then please feel free to email me on realityjules@yahoo.com.au

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bowral Farmers Markets, Moss Vale Showground

Yesterday saw an early start (well early for a minus something winters morning). Headed down to the farmers markets at Moss Vale Showground to have a look around and a coffee with Gail.

I was pleased to see so many people about that early in Winter...and was even more pleased to get my big woolen coat out for the first time this winter.

The regular stalls were there like the Robbo Potato man, the thirlmere duck lady, the bread ladies, the live chookie man and his wife and the vegie man who still doesnt put prices on stuff...something that really ticks me off!

Beautiful jewellery stalls now too...one featuring gorgeous photos on pendants and the other some lovely silvery trinkets on necklaces (a bit pricey for a farmers market).

A new addition to the markets is the 1910 Bottling people...using organic in season fruit and preserving the way nanna used to. The rhubarb in organic honey was sheer bliss and Gail bought the pears which she has since made into tarts with goats cheese and by all reports were delicious.

Geoff Janz had his wood fired pizza trailer there selling pizza bases and the oven kits themselves. The warmth from them while chatting to him and his sales guy about the ovens was lovely.

Only bought a couple of things..the beautiful italian rolls from the bread ladies and some dutch creme spuds to make Gary Megihans souffle potatoes. Was going to do them tonight but was drawn to the spicy meatball recipe in this months Delicious magazine and made those instead.

Next month the markets are on the 4th Saturday so they won't clash with the others in the area.

I am keen to get a couple more friends for Miss Prissy but think I might wait until winter is over. The chicken man at the markets had some very healthy looking bantams so we might get some little ladies instead of full size Isa Browns.

Glad its a long weekend...its Sunday afternoon already and I am not feeling like I want to go to work tomorrow. Thank you Queen Elizabeth II for the birthday holiday.

Tomorrow is also my fabulous grandmother, Bettys birthday. I think she will be 84? I going to see her in a couple of weeks. Its too far to go for the day on a public holiday with double demerits and shitty traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment