Welcome to my blog...it's very much a work in progress and something I wish I had more time to spend on. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions and if you have a recipe you would like to share then please feel free to email me on realityjules@yahoo.com.au

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The new Tefal pressure cooker

Santa was kind enough to bring me the new Tefal Minute pressure cooker...being unsure about how they work I was surfing the net looking for good pressure cooker recipes. Ended up finding a slow cooker one that sounded delicious. So tonight I made asian spiced chicken wings in my new pressure cooker in 12 minutes.

What a brilliant piece of cooking gear. 2 kgs of chicken wings, cut into wingettes, browned in the pressure cooker first, then a sauce of soy, diced onion, grated ginger, hoisin, tomato sauce and brown sugar poured over the top and cooked on high pressure for 12 mins.

The end result was tender, falling off the bone, very tasty chicken wings. Only thing I would do different next time is add some chilli and some star anise.

Was not sure if the kids would like them, but there is no left overs!

Bring on the next pressure cooker recipe....

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

    L

    hip pressure cooking
    making pressure cookers hip again, one recipe at a time!

    ReplyDelete